Steve Brooks - The Limeliters
Joining The Limeliters in August of 2018, replacing Gaylan Taylor, Steve Brooks is a classic Texas troubadour who mixes storytelling, humor, heartbreak and cracker-barrel philosophy,
His songs have been recorded by more than a dozen Americana artists, like Slaid Cleaves, Christine Albert and Russell Crowe. He wrote a song-a-week for Jim Hightower’s nationally-syndicated radio show and appeared on TV’s “I’ve Got a Secret” as six-time World Pun Champion. When he’s not onstage, you can find him in a pulpit, speaking on topics like “Songwriting As a Spiritual Path.” Or in a library, introducing kids to classic American folk songs. He has released six CDs.
If that’s not enough, he’s been an award-winning journalist for over 25 years.
Steve says that he was excited about joining the Limeliters because "The Limeliters and I were both born in the same year, and the kinds of folk songs they helped make popular were the same ones my mom sang to me growing up. Their classic songs and unique arrangements have stood the test of time, and they're as much fun as ever to listen to and to play. As both I and the band approach our "Sixty-Year Old Waltz,' I'm both honored and tickled to join their lineup and do my part to pass the music on, as it was passed on to me.
Steve continues to perform solo, and teams up with other songwriters and supports good causes. In July, 2019, he teamed up with Austin's favorite environmental troubadour, Bill Oliver, writing a theme song for Unconventional Austin - a petition drive to spend more hotel tax dollars on the arts and less on building a new convention center.
Learn more about Steve at his website: https://stevebrooks.net/
Tribute to The Limeliters Home Page
- Who Are the Limeliters?
- Lou Gottlieb - The Limeliters
- Alex Hassilev - The Limeliters
- Glenn Yarbrough - The Limeliters
- Ernie Sheldon - The Limeliters
- Red Grammer - The Limeliters
- Rick Dougherty - The Limeliters
- Bill Zorn - The Limeliters
- John David - The Limeliters
- Mack Bailey - The Limeliters
- Andy Corwin - The Limeliters
- Gaylan Taylor - The Limeliters
- Don Marovich - The Limeliters
- Steve Brooks - The Limeliters
- C. Daniel Boling - The Limeliters
- 1963 Souvenir Album - 1 of 5
- A Better World - Lyrics
- Acres of Limeliters - Lyrics >
- Circle - Lyrics
- Gilgarry Mountain - Lyrics
- Harry Pollitt - Lyrics
- Have Some Madeira, M'Dear - Lyrics
- A Hundred Men - Lyrics
- Take My True Love by the Hand - Lyrics
- The Time of Man - Lyrics
- Until We Get It Right - The Limeliters
- Vasectomy - Lyrics - The Limeliters
- Vikki Dougan - Photo and Lyrics
- Zen Gospel Singing - The Limeliters
- Limeliters on Facebook